Friday, December 3, 2010

Works Cited

Works Cited:

Great Waters Program: Chesapeake Bay. , 2009. Web. 27 Oct 2010. <http://epa.gov/oar/oaqps/gr8water/xbrochure/chesapea.html

  • This source is credible because it is from the Chesapeake Bay "Great Waters Program" under the Environmental Protection Agency
  • The E.P.A. is a large, widely known organization which serves to "coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment". This section of the EPA (the Great Waters Program) was created to keep the Chesapeake Bay clean and help take the pollution out of it.
  • I'm keeping this source because it informed me about point source and non point source pollution, which I did not discuss directly in my paper but it helped me understand where the pollution comes from and how it gets transferred into the bay.

"Chesapeake Bay Program." Chesapeake Bay Program. Chesapeake Bay Program, 08/19/2010. Web. 25 Oct 2010. http://www.chesapeakebay.net/comments.aspx.

  • This source is credible, but not as credible as the first source because the author is not evident.
  • It is credible because I found it on the Chesapeake Bay Program's website. The Chesapeake Bay Program is a foundation dedicated to conserving the bay and its waters, and keeping all the inhabitants of the bay healthy.
  • I am keeping this source because it gave me a lot of information I did not previously know, and I referred to it several times in my essay.

"Chesapeake Bay Foundation." Chesapeake Bay Foundation. Chesapeake Bay Foundation, 2010. Web. 27 Oct 2010. http://www.cbf.org/Page.aspx?pid=913.

  • This source is credible because it came from another Chesapeake Bay Program.
  • The source was from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's website. It is not an essay or article, but the facts are listed out clearly and were written out by the creators of that program. It lists what kinds of pollutions are affecting the bay and what needs to be done in order to preserve the bay.
  • I am keeping this source because I learned a lot about why nitrogen is a pollutant to the bay, which I didn't know before reading about it on the website, and I have one whole paragraph in my essay discussing nitrogen and other nutrients and how they contribute to the pollution in the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment